Wednesday 16 September 2009

I am the one and only.

Whilst you were holed up at home avoiding the rain I had all the attention I wanted at the My Sugarland...Reused and Remade Workshop.
My Sugarland is an awesome shop that combines the best of high end, real vintage and graduate designer clothing and accessories.
The idea was for jewellery designer Bernadette Deddens to showcase her talents and show us how to make beautiful and functional jewellery from old nicknaks and household item.
I arrived to a glass of Rose and owner Zoe Lam talked me through the philosophy of the store. She does not follow trends but gives the best ideas of the season a nod and a wink and then gives the theme a twist of her own.
Not only is the space filled with beautiful items but had an array or curiosities to amuse the eye. Including a porcaline horse and wooden Ramany Gypsy Caravan that have been sold to a Big Issue seller who is paying it off by the week as a Christmas present to his Gypsy girlfriend.
As I was the only person who went to the event all eyes were on me and as requested I had brought a selection of old crap for Bernadette to transfom. And she did.
The one-off bespoke necklace is a combination of old holiday keyrings, Topshop tat, paperclips and chain. Its awesome and even has a function to let you change the length of the piece.
Altogether a great night. I loved being showered with attention and for once it was a pleasure and not a chore to chat in a work related field.

Me,Tetsuo,Bernadette,Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment